State machine design, test and implementation tools
IAR visualSTATE is a set of highly sophisticated and easy-to-use development tools for designing, testing and implementing embedded applications based on state machines.
It provides advanced verification and validation utilities and generates very compact C/C++ code that is 100% consistent with your system design. In addition, the new and revolutionizing integration with IAR Embedded Workbench, a fully integrated C/C++ compiler and debugger toolset, enables true state machine debugging on hardware—get direct graphical feedback on various levels of detail.
- Completely integrated development environment including a graphical designer, test tools, a code generator, and a documentation facility.
- Graphical state machine design based on the Unified Modeling Language (UML) state machine subset
- Formal verification of the design model to find unwanted properties in the design, like dead-ends or unreachable states etc.
- Test and validation tools to ensure at an early stage of design that the application behaves as expected, even before the hardware exists.
- Automatic code generation providing very compact C/C++ code, 100% compliant with the design.
- Automatic documentation generation with comprehensive information.
- Tightly integrated with IAR Embedded Workbench, ready-made project examples for various microcontrollers and evaluation boards
Benefits of model-driven design
- Design an embedded application by drawing objects, events, actions etc, using the powerful notation of hierarchical UML state charts and state machines.
- Discuss the design and exchange ideas with others thanks to the model-driven design approach and the graphical design representation.
- Simulate and visualize your application to find mistakes early in the design cycle.
- Verify the logical consistency of your designs run-time model with the extremely powerful formal verificator.
- Perform extensive tests continuously and iteratively throughout your development: validation of the state machine behavior, regression testing and automatic test coverage reporting.
- Use the C-SPY® extension to do high-level debugging on hardware with feedback in the design domain, instead of fighting with low level implementation details.
- Automatically generate error-free micro-tight C/C++ code that is 100% consistent with your design.
- Easily add new functionality to an existing application as market requirements change.
- Maintain an existing application thanks to the accurate, structured documentation that is always in-sync with the final design
- A PC with Microsoft Windows 2000(SP4), XP(SP2) or Vista
- Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- A Pentium processor with at least 256 Mbytes of RAM and 200 Mbytes of free disk space
Microsoft HTML Help 1.4
- Adobe Reader