The SH7261 is a high-performance microcontroller, incorporating an SH2A-FPU core. This LSI operates at a maximum operating frequency of 120MHz and incorporates single-precision and double-precision calculation-supporting FPU, which enables high-speed signal processing performance. In addition, this LSI includes peripheral functions such as a CD-ROM decoder implementing CD-ROM playback functions, an in-vehicle CAN controller, TEBusTM controller, serial sound interface (SSI) for for digital audio data input/output, a serial communication interface with a 16-stage FIFO and I2C bus interface.
- Operating frequency
- CPU performance
- 16 Kbytes (separate 8K instructions/8K data, 4-way set associative type)
- LQFP2424-176Cu（0.5 pitch）
- Other features
- High-performance CPU core with built-in FPU, offering system control and audio processing with a single chip
- On-chip peripheral functions including CD-ROM and CAN controllers suited to digital audio and industrial products
- Software solutions provided by a variety of middleware
- Car audio: Car CD players, HDD-equipped car audio systems, etc.
- Home audio: Network audio, HDD-equipped audio systems, etc.
- Industrial equipment: Sequencers, robots, etc.