The S08SH family is a series of HCS08 8-bit microcontrollers that offer a new low-end option for applications in the 5-volt range.
- Strong Analog capabilities: packaging (Analog Comparator and 16-ch ADC)
- Wide peripheral offering (SCI, SPI, I2C , ADC, Analog Comparator, Temperature Sensor)
- Ganged output option to support high current drive.
- Robust memory.
Featuring a HCS08 core delivering a 40 MHz core speed and 20 MHz bus speed.
- Multiple clock source options
- 20 MHz Internal Clock Source (ICS)
- XOSC for range of external clock sources
- 2 x 2-ch 16-bit timer (TPM) & 8-bit modulo timer (MTIM)
- Up to 16-ch 10-bit Analog Digital Converter (ADC) w/ built-in Temp Sensor
- Analog Comparator (ACMP) that can run in STOP3
- SCI with LIN Slave support
- I²C Up to 100 kbps with maximum bus loading; Multi-master operation.
- Low Voltage Detect (LVD)
- Watchdog timer w/ Multiple source options
- Up to General Purpose Input/Output (GPIO)
- Pin interrupts for selectable polarity
- Hysteresis and configurable pull up device on all input pins
- Personal care/hand-held devices (i.e. blenders, blowdryers)
- AC powered consumer goods
- Power tools
- Fire alarms
- Wireless sensor applications including
- simple media access controller (SMAC)
- Watchdog coprocessors
- Small appliances
- Handheld devices
- Secure boot coprocessors
- Security systems