Texas Instruments has signed a definitive agreement to purchase National Semiconductor in an all-cash transaction of about $6.5 billion. This merger will unite two industry leaders who have a common commitment to solving your analog needs. Both companies will operate independently pending close of the acquisition which is expected to take six to nine months. What does this mean for customers?
- A single analog portfolio with unmatched breadth and depth to address your needs
- 42,000 products with a wide range of performance, power and packaging options – analog solutions for any electronic system
- Common set of online tools to make the selection and design process easier
- Sales/apps force larger than any in the industry for better face-to-face support
- Our combined sales team of >2500 will be 10x larger than National´s current sales force which means more customer-facing support to help you solve more problems
- Manufacturing capacity to support your growth
- TI´s recent additions and National´s available capacity give us headroom to increase production levels for the products you need
- Industry´s first 300mm analog capability
- Our commitment to a seamless, hassle-free transition for you
- No requalification of products
- We will continue to run National´s fabs
- No obsolescence of parts
- No part number changes
- Product roadmaps continue as planned
Visit the TI E2E™ Community to read TI´s blog regarding the acquisition.
TI has a successful track record of acquisitions and thoughtful integration that leads to better growth. Click here for more information on TI´s recent acquisitions.