Arium has made available an embedded Linux distribution targeted to developers using Intel architecture.
Intel’s new small form factor Atom™motherboards can be very inexpensive, opening up new opportunities in lower cost embedded applications not previously practical on Intel architecture. With increasing dominance of Linux in the embedded OS world, these new opportunities spark a need for specific Linux distributions and tools that meet the requirements of IA embedded development.
is a package that is targeted to developers who want a fast and easy solution to run an embedded Linux kernel on their Intel-based platform. This distribution uses the standard Linux build flow and is made from unmodified public distributions so that migration to newer or different Linux components is unencumbered.The distribution is very lean whileproviding complete support that may be used for an embedded product. This allows use of a small file system.A professional programmer can easily install the entire kit and bring up a target in less than one hour. There is no need for the developer to build any host-side, standard tools. The distribution kit contains everything needed to:
1. Install all cross tools on the development host
2. Build kernel and applications on the host,for the embedded target
3. Test the installation (Sample applicationsand kernel modules)
4. Install all of the components on the target system making it bootable Items included are:
1. A complete tool chain to build both kernel and applications. This includes ready-to-run binaries
2. A complete source tree with all make files,et cetera to build a 184.108.40.206 kernel
3. Busy Box 1.14.1 target utility package
4. A complete operational file system image for the target
5. Scripts for operations such as copying a file system image
6. Complete documentation on how to install the kit and get started
is available free for downloadat: http://www.arium.com/products/102/Arium-Embedded-Linux-AE-Linux.html
Paid technical support is available uponrequest. AE Linix
is validated on the Intel Essential Series
Arium, a privately held company headquartered in Tustin, CA, is a supplier of hardware and software development tools for Intel® Atom™,Intel® Pentium®, Intel® Celeron®,and Intel® Xeon® Processor Families, among others.Arium tools are used worldwide to debug software in embedded Linux applications, BIOS, device drivers, and OS kernels. Arium is a proud member of the Intel Embedded and Communications Alliance and for over 15 years has teamed with Intel Corporation to develop in-circuit emulation tools to support theIntel® Pentium® and other processors.
For more information, contact Jeff Acamporaat (760) 815-9313 or email@example.com.
All trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners and are protected therein.
Copyright © 2010 Arium. All rights reserved.
Arium 14811 Myford Road,Tustin, CA 92780
877-508-3970 | 714-731-1661 | Fax 714-731-6344