C2000™ Microcontrollers platform overview
C2000 devices are 32-bit microcontrollers with high performance integrated peripherals designed for real-time control applications. Its optimized core can run multiple complex control algorithms at speeds necessary for demanding control applications. Integrated peripherals such as a 16-channel, 12-bit ADC running at up to 12.5 megasamples per second and high resolution PWM modules with 150 picosecond resolution make the analog world digitally accessible. These combined with the SPI, UART, I2C, CAN, and McBSP communication peripherals make C2000 devices the perfect single-chip control solution. Typical applications include AC/DC and DC/DC digital power supplies, solar inverters, digital motor control, and power line communication.
The C2000 controller uses a central 32-bit CPU core coupled with a highly optimized peripheral and interrupt management bus. The peripherals run on an independent time basis which can be synchronized as needed. Code security for the on-chip Flash and RAM allows secure program and data storage.
TI offers fixed and floating point C2000 microcontrollers with a variety of peripheral and memory configurations to fit many different control applications.
- Up to 150Mhz 32-bit CPU core, optional integrated floating point unit
- Up to 512KB of Flash and up to 68KB of RAM
- High performance analog peripherals with optimized interrupt management
- 12-bit, 16 channel ADC running at up to 12.5 mega samples per second
- Multiple independent PWM modules
- Up to 150 picosecond resolution on high resolution PWM modules
- eQEP and eCAP peripherals
- Multiple communication peripherals
- SPI, SCI(UART), CAN, I2C, and McBSP
- F28x Floating Point MCUs
- F28x Piccolo MCUs
- F28x Fixed Point MCUs